- Place the stainless-steel inner pot inside the instant pot base then:
- Pour the milk, close the lid.
- Click on the yogurt function, switch to ‘more,’ and when ‘boil’ blinks on the screen, wait for it to start (this will scald the milk at 83°C for 15 minutes).
When done, you will hear a beep sound, and ‘End’ or ‘Off’ will be displayed on the screen.
- Remove the inner pot from the instant pot base, leave it on the counter until the milk has cooled down.
- After a few minutes, check if the milk has cooled; you can do this with the tips of your fingers.
- In a bowl, add some of the cooled milk and the 3 tbsp of yogurt, mix until smooth and then add this mixture to the rest of the milk in the inner pot; mix well using a whisk.
- Place the inner pot back in the instant pot base, close the lid.
- Switch the Yogurt function to the ‘normal’ setting, adjust the time to 8 hours.
- After 8 hours, the yogurt should be firm; if not, ensure you have followed each step above and use the right ingredients.
- Pour the firm yogurt into storage containers and refrigerate at least 4 hours before consuming.